Saturday, February 05, 2005

Why do I Blog?

So today is Day 2 of my blogger existence.

Day 1 of my blogger existence has had a lot to do with blogging. You see my current status in life is rather immobile. I had knee surgery last Monday so my world has become my bed and thanks to my wireless card the World Wide Web. Spent yesterday going through a blog which really has affected me - to put it mildly. It is "Baghdad Burning" at

http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com

It is a blog described by riverbend as "Girl Blog from Iraq... let's talk war, politics and occupation."

To sum up my feelings succintly - I'd just say that it is nice to think. In some ways I think I have gotten too comfortable with my life at present. I don't know how to put this but normalcy is mind-numbing. Working at a first job. Discovering a new country. Travelling. Making friends. Wondering about the future. Its awesome and its fun. But it can also consume you. That little cocoon you live in becomes your world.

And I think blogging and reading people's blogs give you just that outlet - that chance to think. I have spent yesterday reading about Iraq - from the eyes of a soldier and from the eyes of a civilian. I cannot claim to know what either life is like but I do have a much better understanding than I did 24 hours back. And that is a first step.

I think I am quite in love with the blog. The downside is that I work in front of a computer 10 hours a day. So not a very healthy obsession. You can't have everything

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home