Thursday, June 02, 2005

Crushed

For years now, poets have waxed eloquent about the magic of falling in love - the first time your eyes meet, the skipped heartbeat and all that jazz.

What hogwash! When I am in a relationship, I can buy all that melodrama, but singleness tends to wear on you.

However, jaded as I am, there is one phase which is absolutely magical and I will always look forward to - the magic of "falling in crush". Sigh!

My first crush, like most first crushes was special. I was this geeky 12 year old who had just had a back fracture. The doctor insisted on 2 months of bedrest and 6 months with a back brace. Indian 12 year old boys don't really believe that there is life beyond cricket. And as an Indian 12 year old boy, my world had come to an end.

It was then that I really got to know her. Games of scrabble, intellectual discussions on comics, copying homework, (confession alert) playing girly games in the local playground and before I knew it, my best friend was, as unbelievable as it seemed, A GIRL!!

However, even backs heal and 13 year old Indian boys have to play cricket. We were still good friends but it almost seemed like a phase had passed.

And then she left town, just like that.

And I missed her.

Life goes on. 3 years hence, I was a dysfunctional teenager who knew next to nothing about girls.

And then, just like that, she was back.

Needless to say, I did nothing about it - dysfunctional teenager remember. 2 whole years of nothing. And out of the blue, it happened. A month before our 12th standard board examinations. It was a normal conversation. We were talking about hindi movies - being cool and 17 and dissing them. And then she said, "I saw John Abraham at the airport last week and he was my 5th crush in life." Before I knew it, I had popped the question - "So, who was your first crush?"

"You".

Sigh!

13 Comments:

Blogger Karthik said...

Oh and if you happen to read this,

1) drop a message so i know you do

and

2) Tell me how i can link to other blogs and how to make my history look less messy

Thanks!
K

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

duh...send me an email with the name of this girl...:P
1) is done

2) Im not sure but what I did was add some very basic html code in the template main code
hmm im not sure if i know the answer to 2b...just mess arnd with the template code...i cud look it up for u but Im too lazy!

sigh..........my first crush was when i was in 6th...i used to talk to her all day in school...those were the good ol times when atleast some girls I knew had crushes on me! Times change and life becomes more of a bitch that it is!

Chalo...back to her (life I mean)

7:56 PM  
Blogger Golu said...

sro i know u r talking abt vidya :p..btw duh am sorry..saw some pseud words in the beginning and gave up :) I just like light reading

8:13 PM  
Blogger Golu said...

duh btw for 2)...go to g or my blog and right click and view source... i think from there on since u r Dr 2 and the fact that u r working in a very intellectually stimulating job, should make u figure it out easily

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gudda...its not vidya...its madhulika :)
It wud be funny if she happens to read this!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Golu said...

plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss how cud u have a crush on her....waise duh nice blog... HOW THE FUCK DO FEMALES FALL FOR U BEY

10:33 PM  
Blogger Karthik said...

Yeah Golu, rub it in. Intellectually stimulating job :P

.exl and .ppt is all i do :)

Thanks for the fundaes guys.

And how do girls fall for me - well from the last 6 months I'd rephrase that as how did girls fall for me. :P

K

6:08 AM  
Blogger Nanana said...

Hey Kram... should a lot of disappointed ppl be consoled that CapOne gave us a kick? A lot of us did have stars in our eyes when we were short listed...

11:20 PM  
Blogger Karthik said...

Not really.

The work is pretty awesome actually. Most of the time at least :)

I just like playing along with my Ph.D batchies who keep dissing me for selling out from the geekdom and entering the corporate world of ppt and excel. :)

Kram

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

didnt know you were that senti on her bey :)

anyway....did i tell u abt my first crush ? waise..u prolly wont believe me now so ditch.

and btw....u talk like ur the worlds biggest geek. i think you are overdoing it a little :P

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was me (krishna) btw :)

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha, thats why 'little manhattan' got you so senti :)

Well, I had half an hour to kill, so was just browsing through your blog. Nice reading it is.

Supriya.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and I popped the question back...
He replied.
"You"..
..gave him a quizzical look..and he said.."what? you were the only GIRL I knew!"

hey..K..I hope a more sensitive man has grown out of that dysfunctional teenager!!

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home