Thursday, August 18, 2005

Wow!

I was at the after-party of a cousin’s Arangetram (the first solo Bharatanatyam performance of an artiste) in New Haven, CT. It was a small group of 25 odd people ranging in age from 8 to 80. This little group was stuffed with talent - 2 violinists, 4 Bharatanatyam dancers, a cellist, 2 guitarists, a pro singer, 2 Mridangam players, a flutist, a banjoist and a clarinetist – many of them professional. I was feeling rather miserable about my lack of ‘talent’ and was shrugging off polite queries regarding what I could do with a grumpy “I can be geeky and play with numbers.”


Be that as it may, the only person I had eyes for that night was P – a professional Bharatanatayam artiste from New York who was gorgeous in a way only a dancer can be. I had told her how awesome I thought New York was and how I’d love to live there. I had been quietly “crushing” in a corner and planning out my first pick-up line in a year, when my aunt told me to be the good host and drop P off at her room in the nearby Bed & Breakfast where she would be staying.

Me: “Which room is she staying in?”
P (who happened to just walk up): “Wouldn’t you like to know?”
Me: “Uhhh.. blurgh..”
P (grinning): “If you want to move to New York, you have to learn to be faster than that”

There are girls and then there are women. : )

Afterword: She had to take the early train the next morning to watch the last day of the Ashes test. How many of you just found your dream woman?

8 Comments:

Blogger Golu said...

no duh for me... my dream babe shud play one music instrument :D and as i told u shud NOT be the girly girly type and ESPECIALLY ESPECIALLY SHUD NOT LIKE the colour pink

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some more of golu's dream babe qualities:
1) She shud be geeky and atleast one of her research interests shud be 'Diffusion Tensor Imaging'!
2) She shud like oriental food!
3) This shud be her homepage!

;)

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear poor bastard

1) I am not that interested in DTI
2) I actually like sushi more specifically
3) From what I know about you, you really need to focus on getting yourself a 'babe' rather than worrying about others.
4) I tried to put up your NY dream babe's homepage but then I realised that it has a lot of popup problems

;)

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear SWAG,

1) No DTI eh?...whatever works for u!
2) Yuck!!
3) Thats very considerate swag...but please dont interfere with my philanthropic work...unless u have a special reason to! ;)
4) Aaaargh...golu shall remain the gossipmonger ever! Still I wudnt mind...been looking for it for a while...am glad u found it!
5) Most importantly, Do you play a musical instrument? (cuz i think I know of the other two)

;) ;)

12:28 PM  
Blogger Golu said...

ro i swear u r going to murdered by me one of these days

12:54 PM  
Blogger Shantanu said...

Dude- always fun to read your blog ! Man, me being back in Des can also SLIGHTLY J of your life ;)

hmmm, I am hoping that "P" reads your blog entry, that might be the best pick up line yet ;)

Chalo keep in touch Mr. Geek

Shantanu

8:10 PM  
Blogger Karthik said...

Ro n Golu

Stop squabbling on my blog. :P :)

Shantanu,

You being IN des, I am more than slightly J of your life.

K

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

catching early train to watch ashes..wow..this definitely qualifies as my dream babe characteristics..

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home